Equity bank is one of the leading banks in Kenya. Actually, the bank has expanded its services to All East African Countries. This makes it one of the biggest banks in the region.
With the emergence of Mobile banking in the region, most of the bank customers would prefer to deposit money to their mobile wallets and wire the money to the respective bank accounts. This has been made possible by the fact that most banks have integrated there systems with the available mobile banking platforms.
One of the most used mobile banking platform is M-Pesa.
So, how do you transfer money from M-Pesa to your equity account?
Below are the steps:
- Go to the Mpesa Menu on your phone or dial the USSD *334#
- Select Lipa na Mpesa
- Select the option Pay Bill
- Enter the Equity Bank Paybill Number 247247
- Carefully key in the full Equity Bank Account number you wish to send money to
- Enter the amount you wish to send
- Key in your Mpesa PIN
- Confirm that all the details are correct and then press Send
- A little while later, you will see a pop-up message on your screen asking you to confirm the transaction.
- If the details in the message are ok, Press Send. Otherwise Type any letter or number to cancel the transaction.